This course explores the possibility of making jewelry from commercial beads, clay, found objects, cherished pieces of broken jewelry, and even from fabric. Learn the principles of design used in handmade jewelry. You may choose which material to work with (as found below)
IN BEADED JEWELRY
- Learn the principles of beaded jewelry making.
- Functional application of the pliers, tools, jewelry findings, wire, and its accents
- Techniques to create multilayered, multi stranded -earrings, necklaces and bracelets
- You can also refashion old jewelry or recreate broken jewelry.
IN CLAY JEWELRY
- Learning to adapt jewelry making techniques when working with CLAY
- Molding, Shaping, Texturing, Bead Holing, Embedding.
- Painting techniques for the dried clay pieces.
- Beading and finishing techniques.
IN FABRIC JEWELRY
- Sustainable methods to create fabric jewelry.
- Learn the relevance of color, shape, texture, and layout to make unique designs.
- Combine your collected beads or accessories to complement with your fabric patches
- Making clasps, earrings, tying knots, looping with threads of hemp/leather.
For the first session, please come with a notepad and pen only. You may get your own materials or purchase them from Craft stores after the first session or second session. If you are missing some items during the sessions, the tutor will provide them.
There are no reviews yet.