FINE JEWELRY DESIGN
TRANSFORM YOUR IDEAS INTO BEAUTIFUL PIECES OF JEWELRY
You can turn your inspirations into designs with the Jewelry Design course. Jewelry Design course brings out each individual’s innate creativity, helping enthusiasts to design with ability and confidence. It makes an apprentice designer learn the basics and complexities of designing any type of jewelry, along with estimating its cost and manufacturing aspects. Through practical work, designers are assisted to express their creativity by designing a portfolio of their own styles. By learning drafting, shading, design theory, how to illustrate shape and form using several mediums, and techniques. You’ll learn to unleash your creativity and develop the skills to turn your inspirations into products. Once you’ve learned to create wearable masterpieces, you can pursue work as a designer, store manager, business owner and build your own brand, and more. Introduction of designing and craftsmanship for jewelry and its components of future and the topics covered in the Jewelry Design program
TOPICS COVERED FOR DESIGN:
- Understand jewelry design theory and artistry
- Develop sources of inspiration and Shaping the ideas
- Illustrate the shape, form, and texture of the metal.
- Drawing and illustration of faceted and non-faceted gems with Rendering/Coloring
- Use design concepts, including texture, shape, form, balance, spacing, color
- Learn traditional drafting techniques
- Designing various forms of jewelry Necklaces, Earrings, pendants, Rings, etc.
TOPICS COVERED FOR CRAFTSMANSHIP:
- Understanding the design and concept for crafting the jewels
- Understanding and Drawing with techniques
- Settings techniques for gems and other technical components
- Develop skills for fabrication, custom order, remaking, and repair.
- Manufacturing guidelines
- Basic introduction of gemstones
- Budgeting of the jewelry design
I enjoyed the class and really learned a lot. This class opened Big doors for me in the jewelry field.
I really recommend the course for those who want to start designing their own pieces of jewellery. I learned to sketch, design with the right rendering and understanding the process of fabrication to adjust the designs accordingly. At the end of the course I gained enough knowledge to design and create my first jewellery piece!