Drawing is first and foremost about learning to see. Most people look but don’t necessarily see. This course aims to help you to learn to do this. Emphasis will be placed on the idea that drawing is an exercise in seeing, giving focus to the techniques of observation. The course also gives you guidelines, techniques, and good basic knowledge to enable you to establish your ability to draw. Exercises will begin with just the observation of simple objects and then build gradually towards highly complex subjects. You’ll experiment with different media such as pen, pencil, and charcoal to achieve a variety of results.
The tutor will present demonstrations where necessary. Students MUST bring the correct materials and must draw in class, although you will of course be required to finish at home what you can’t finish in class.
Materials and tools:
- Paper (sketchbook): size A3
- Clip pad A3
- Folder for papers and drawings
- Soft pencils and graphite (B-9B)
- Natural charcoal
- soft pastels
- Erasers: Cretacolor Caramel, soft white Cretacolor Monolith, vinyl, kneaded
- Masking tape (thin roll)
- Soft cotton cloth (for charcoal)
Terms and Conditions
1. Pre-registration is required for all classes and payments to be made in advance.
2. Students must attend classes they have registered for and paid for.
3. Makeup classes are provided and refunds are issued only if the art center cancels any lessons.